Thursday, August 11, 2011

Schimmerland, Part Two

Creating something from scratch is exhilarating and exhausting, exciting and … frustrating. If the end result is pleasing, then it brings enthusiasm, energy, and enjoyment. I felt all these during the creation of Schimmerland. It was born out of an idea and grew into something that was more than I could have imagined. Yes, I’m pretty pleased with the result.


Schimmerland was created to share with friends…the more the merrier. I have learned that unless a creation can be shared and enjoyed with friends, then it seems to become pointless. Getting positive feedback from others is very satisfying and makes it all seem worthwhile.


It really is with much sadness that I had to make the decision to close Schimmerland. It will be there until at least the end of August…possibly into September, but that is yet to be decided.


Let’s continue our tour and let me show you the green side! I hope you enjoy the trip.

The pirate tunnel takes you from the tropical area into the other side
of the island. You will find evidence that not everyone makes it through
the tunnel to the other side.
If you make it through, you will find this pond and waterfall on the other side.

A friendly parrot awaits you!
Looking out to sea, you will see a long abandoned raft...with the remains
of the last passenger.  Looks like he met a sad fate.
Atop pirate hill are some ruins and a pirate camp.
I wonder when they were here last.
I take a brief rest on the cannon.
You will pass through pirate territory into the wood by crossing this bridge.

You might want to take a dip in the 'ole swimming hole.
But watch out for that swinging rope...I warned you!
A quite stream flowing from the hillside.
I love to listen to the sounds of the water trickling over the rocks.
Coming back into the cove area is the rocky shoreline.
Such a nice place to sit and relax after our tour.

Schimmerland is located at:
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Monhegan%20Island/106/121/23

No comments: