Sunday, July 17, 2011

Quaint and Charming SLNE

I recently wrote about how I came to live in Second Life New England. Beyond the yellow houses, the estate (currently at 28 sims) is a traditional, post card looking, New England setting. I lived in real life Connecticut for a few years and the real estate agent described the setting there as quaint and charming. I think those words also apply to SLNE.
Welcome to New England!

In its current configuration, most of the sims are residential islands. With lots of water around for everyone to use, there is ample opportunity for sailing around to sightsee the various islands. Each island is uniquely landscaped, making for a very interesting place to explore. You just never know what you are going to discover in SLNE.
Ft. Sewall Community Center

In addition to being a great place to reside in Second Life, SLNE also has a vibrant live music venue and an adorable shopping village with some one of a kind stores and a trolley to take you around. Add to all this is a wonderful community of friends and you can see why I just love spending most of my SL time in New England.
The Village

As a tribute to my community, I have decided to write a series of blog posts about some of the distinctive features of SL New England. I hope you’ll enjoy this little tour in the posts to come. I may intersperse the travelogue with other things that come to mind.

So keep checking back…and thanks for reading!
The Ernestina
 

No comments: