Thursday, July 14, 2011

Teddy Bear Overload



A Gaggle of Teddy Bears!

I’ve often wondered why so many places in SL give or sell teddy bears. Do people really have a lot of teddy bears in real life?

When I was a noob over three years ago, one of the very first places I went to was a sim decorated for Valentine’s Day. I remember one of the challenges was to search everywhere and look for the Linden Bear. I never understood completely the reason for Linden Bears, but I guess at one time every Linden had a bear they would give to residents. My understanding is that people would try to collect teddy bears from as many Lindens as they could.



Surfer Girl Teddy Bear

I’m not sure it is still like that, but I think there are still plenty of teddy bears around. I received one from a friend this past Valentine’s Day and I bought one for myself and one for Karson in April to help benefit the Japan relief effort after the horrible disaster there.

So what do you do with all the teddy bears you collect? Some of them are primmy….so it’s not like you can leave an extensive teddy bear collection around. They not really too soft and cuddly, but I guess you could carry one around anyway and pretend.


A Bear Hug

Tonight I decided to pull out my teddy bear collection to see just how many I have.  It is amazing how they seem to multiply in inventory. I counted 10 bears, but it is possible there are more that have unusual names I can’t remember. I decided to look at my teddy bears to see if any of them might have another purpose. Most of them are just cute to look at, but one of them is meant to cuddle and he wears a heart. He’s a special bear given to me by a special friend. Then there’s the Panda bear that talks! This is probably the most amazing bear in all of SL. He actually talks back to you, gives you useful information and plays games with you. I like him….he even knows my name. Imagine a bear that knows your name!

Panda Bear

Teddy bears…yes I have quite a few. But now that I think about it, I realize some of them have special sentimental value….and some are actually quite useful! So yes, I think I’ll continue to collect them and maybe even go in search of one of those elusive Linden bears!


No comments: